- 1 pound chicken*, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion*
- 5 cups yellow wax beans*, ends trimmed and cut into about 1 inch pieces
- 2 local farm tomatoes*, diced (can take seeds out if you want)
- 2 cups cabbage*, coarsely chopped
- 10 ounces quinoa penne pasta or whole wheat penne pasta or veggie noodles
- 1 cup heavy cream or substitute – see below
- I used 2/3 c warmed coconut milk and 1/3 c melted grass fed butter, whisked together. It worked amazing!
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
*These ingredients were from local farms!
- Bring medium pot of salted water to boil; add pasta and cook following directions on package. Continue while this is cooking.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in large pan over medium heat
- Add onions and beans to pan, season with salt and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally, until slightly tender.
- Stir in cabbage and cook for 2-3 minutes more, or until cabbage slightly tender.
- Remove veggies from pan and place in bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken to pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook 5-6 minutes or until cooked through. Can drain off grease if wanted.
- Add veggies back to pan and stir to combine. Add tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain pasta and save ¼ cup of cooking water. Return pasta to cooking pot. Turn heat to medium high and add coconut milk/butter heavy cream substitute, along with salt and pepper to taste. Cook 4-5 minutes until sauce has started to thicken, stirring occasionally. You can add some saved pasta water if you need to thin the sauce.
- Place chicken and veggie mixture on top of pasta and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve and Enjoy!