An easy and delicious recipe. We have the Duo Nova 8 quart Instant Pot and I’m currently obsessed with the clean up of only one item after dinner!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 6 carrots peeled and sliced into ½ pieces
- 4 celery sticks sliced into ½ pieces
- 1 whole pasture raised chicken 5 lbs – remove giblets
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 8 cups of filtered water
- Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces of Banza (chickpea) pasta
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley or ¼ cup of minced flat leaf parsley
- Set Instant Pot to saute.
- Heat olive oil and onions until onions start to soften and translucent 2-4 minutes
- Add garlic, carrots and celery and sauté for another 2 minutes
- Add whole chicken, followed by water, soy sauce, 2 teaspoons of salt and a few turns of freshly ground pepper.
- Turn off sauté function. Lock instant pot lid in place, make sure pressure valve is set to sealing and set to pressure cook (high pressure) for 20 minutes.
- Instant pot with take ~15 minutes to come to pressure and then will countdown until done.
- Once finished do a quick release with pressure valve to release pressure.
- Open carefully and remove whole chicken and set aside. (you can pause here to let chicken cool before shredding)
- Turn back to sauté mode and let broth come to a boil.
- Stir in noodles and let cook about 8 minutes.
- While noodles are cooking, shred chicken discarding bones and skin. (this will be very hot, we let it cool some before continuing).
- Once noodles are cooked stir in chicken and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.