- 2 lbs of grass fed ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups chickpea bread crumbs (I use WatUSee Foods from Thrive Market)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp naturally sweetened ketchup
- ½ tbsp maple syrup (optional)
Always try to use organic ingredients.
- Soak bread crumbs in cream.
- Sauté onions, carrots and celery in butter until soft.
- Add thyme, pepper and salt. Stir.
- Mix meat with sautéed vegetables, soaked bread and egg in separate bowl.
- Form into loaf in 9×13 pyrex pan.
- Mix ketchup and optional maple syrup and spread on top of loaf.
- Add ½-1 cup water to pan, to prevent drying out.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours.
**This is our spin on a recipe from Nourishing Traditions.